Many new digital technologies IoT, AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain, RPA is transforming manufacturing businesses drastically in an advanced way named “Smart Factory.” Industry 4.0, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Factory—all are the same words representing the digital era phenomenally. Digital technologies are connecting dots and embracing manufacturing industry into Smart Factory with extensive networking around the globe. Smart Manufacturing is all about smart technology, utilizes connectivity and networking, and real-time access to data to improve the process.
Benefits of Smart Manufacturing:
- Improved productivity
- Direct access to data—Supply chain management
- Real-time analysis
- Instant decision making
- Reducing waste and downtime
- Increase energy efficiency
- Reduce energy waste and make products more affordable
- New advanced technologies integrated to advance the processes
- Save money
- Increase sales
- Greater efficiency in overall operations with proper sync and project cycle implementation.
- Reduction in consumer packaging due to process automation
- Shorter cycle times with proper analysis and on-time corrections.
Trends for Smart Manufacturing with digital transformation:
- Connectivity: Real-time IoT based performance management
- Intelligence: Predictive forecasting, Machine Learning, and predictive maintenance
- Flexible Automation: Robots and cobots, automated scheduling
Ongoing digital transformation embracing Industry 4.0 at full pace with better transformation approaches. New and innovative offerings, alluring manufacturers to raise the bar and welcome opportunities for a better future.
Key technologies clinching Smart Manufacturing are:
- Advancement with robotics and automation
- Additive manufacturing and 3D printing
- Expansion of the Industrial IoT
- Growing needs for 5G
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Cloud computing
New technologies are transforming manufacturing industries rapidly for better future outcomes. The new advancements lie sensor, tracking, use of cloud, quality checks are embracing the benefits of the digital world. Manufacturers have an excellent opportunity to become more efficient and improve the overall processes altogether.
Supply chain management for manufacturing industries is a first and massive change came in terms of digital transformation. So, manufacturing in the digital world is no more Hodgepodge. Manufacturing industries and digital technologies together climbing up to cloud 9 soon.
What are you waiting for to benefit from the latest technology to meet the challenges of the future for your manufacturing business? Contact us for more